Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Don't lisp when asking for the Apple Crisp

This is my friend Divya's favorite dessert that I make. It's so easy to make and it's great for large gatherings of people. The recipe below will serve up to 10 people, with generous helpings!

Apple Crisp

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups oats
1 1/2 cups brown sugar (I like to use light)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
4 lbs apples ( I like Granny Smith or sometimes I mix a couple types together!)
3 tbsps fresh lemon juice
1 tsbp cinnamon (I like to grate mine fresh, but it shouldn't make a big difference)

1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. Combine oats, 1 cup sugar, flour, butter to make the topping.
3. Combine apples, lemon juice, cinnamon, remaining sugar for the apple filling.
4. Cover apples with topping. Bake for an hour or until apples are soft (they shouldn't be crumbly).
5. Serve hot with ice cream.

Note: This also works with pears.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisp? Okay no comment. Your blog has made me hungry, so I'm going to sleep. Was this a lame post? Sorry. I'll make it better next time.

Anonymous said...

"Note: This also works with pears."

You're starting to like pears eh?