Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Chocolate Molten Cake

Warning: This dessert should only be made by serious chocolate lovers. this is serious chocolate business! I made the mistake of making this for a non-serious chocolate fan, and it just wasn't the same (for said person: it's not your fault! i still like you!.) Only chocolate fanatics need apply!

Chocolate Molten Cake

Ingredients (6 souffles):

Cakes:
12 oz bittersweet chocolate
2 sticks unsalted butter
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup all purpose flour
6 eggs


Raspberry Sauce:
2 cups frozen raspberries
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp fresh lemon juice

To make cakes:
1. Preheat oven to 350. Butter and flour ramekins.
2. Melt chocolate and butter over double broiler. Cool.
3. In separate bowl, beat sugar, flour, and eggs until fluffy. Add to chocolate.
4. Fill ramekins 2/3s full and bake about 15 minutes.

To make sauce:
Heat fruit and sugar until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice. Puree 1/2 mix. Chill. Drizzle over cakes.

Garnish cakes with powdered sugar and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Note: Strawberry sauce would also be so yummy!! I also recommend a caramel sauce for people with a really big sweet tooth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I personally LOOOOOOVE raspberry with chocolate, and believe strawberry is not an adequate substitute. I hope this is not too shocking of an admission for you.
heater (chuckle)

Anonymous said...

Sigh. No comment, even though I'm leaving a comment