Monday, September 11, 2006

Chocolate Bar at Cafe Fleuri


Frank and I went to the Chocolate Bar at Cafe Fleuri on its Opening Day last Saturday. I would recommend this Saturday chocolate buffet to anyone who loves chocolate, because it is so decadent and yummy! There were cookies, chocolate crepes, ice cream, chocolate fondue, chocolate bread pudding, and 2 tables covered with various chocolate desserts (primarily made with some form of chocolate mousse). The lavishness of the spread was just so unbelievably overwelming- I didn't even know where to start!

My favorite things to try are show below in pictures. I can't remember all the names, so I hope my descriptions and pictures are enough!

1. This dessert tastes like a grown-up Twix bar. It has a pear inside, which I didn't eat, but the rest of the dessert was just so good. I mean, a Twix bar made tastier- can you ask for anything more out of a dessert?



2. Chocolate Bread Pudding- I don't know what they call it at Cafe Fleuri, but this dessert is a chocolate bread pudding, simple as that. It is delicious. They serve it with the option of adding caramel sauce and/or chocolate sauce. We added caramel sauce only, because we tried it towards the end of our buffet experience, and we just couldn't deal with eating any more chocolate! This bread pudding reminded me of the English Sticky Toffee Pudding at Croma, the gourmet pizza place on Newbury Street in Boston.



3. Chocolate Fondue- They had milk chocolate, dark chocolate, and white chocolate fondue sauces, as well as a lovely 3-tiered chocolate fountain! We also had a bowl of caramel sauce, which we mix and matched with the chocolate sauces (we were serious about trying EVERYTHING!) We started "healthy" by dipping fruit and pretezels in the sauces. We ended up dipping these mini-churro-looking things into the chocolate sauces. They were little mini churros that were filled with liquidy chocolate. Amazing.




4. White chocolate citrus ice cream- surprisingly light and refreshing.


I wouldn't recommend the chocolate crepes. Nor would I recommend the various flavored creme brulees. Besides that, SO GOOD! Thanks for taking me there, Frank!

3 comments:

Frank said...

woohoo! chocolate!

i cheated and read your entry last night :\

anisha said...

haha, i knew you would! temptations are fun

Anonymous said...

Looks like it was awesome. I am writing this comment of my own free will, really. :)