An ode to mixed fresh lime sodas:When I was in India, I used to drink fresh lime sodas every single day, because it is the most refreshing drink you can possibly find. It's better than water, soda, iced tea, etc. Amazing stuff. So the options are to get it salty or sweet or salt and sweet mixed. I used to drink only salty, but then my friend enlightened me to the mixed variety. I was hooked. Of course, everyone has their own preferences... my sister drinks them salty, my mom likes them sweet, etc etc. So, try all the varieties and let me know what you like best! Here we go, for everyone to enjoy:
2 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black salt (kala namak)
2 tsp sugar
8 oz seltzer water
Mix and watch the bubbles foam up! (It's like a super cool chemistry experiment in a glass! The salt gives the carbon dioxide a site to form bubbles. The insoluble carbon dioxide wants to escape the carbonated beverage, and the salt provides a surface area to do so. Didi, that was super nerdiness just for you!)
8 comments:
first?
ooo looks good! looking forward to many more posts =)
yay! welcome back! can't wait to hear all about it!!!!!
hi miss b!
mm, that looks amazing!!! =)
http://feeds.slashfood.com/~r/weblogsinc/slashfood/~3/142731680/
looks good? yes no?
frank- the link didnt work!
miss a! I can't wait to see you soon! so i have to ask you and ashu and maybe I will get an answer from one of you. i need a good recipe for baigian bartha (still) or even a good website recipe. Kevin is going to have some nice eggplants in the garden and he is getting sad because he doesn't know how to make it!
hey miss b! i def have a recipe somewhere, let me dig around and i'll get back to you soon. :)
Post a Comment