Monday, October 30, 2006

Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies

We ordered fresh groceries today, so I wanted to finish some of our older produce before our new stuff arrived. I realized that I had one banana left over and a lot of butter in the freezer, so I decided to make cookies! I had just made 2 batches of zucchini bread, so I definitely wasn't in the mood for banana bread. And there is something so comforting about cookies and milk on a cold day! I found this recipe online, and I modified it to my liking:

Banana chocolate chip cookies

1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 stick unsalted butter (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cup dark brown sugar
1 egg
2 tsps vanilla extract
1 mashed ripened banana
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup chocolate

Mix everything together. Bake golf-ball sized morsels of cookie dough on an ungreased cookie sheet for 15 minutes at 350 F.

Note: I think these cookies would taste great with coconut flakes, pecans, and/or walnuts. It could have a tropical twist with macadamia nuts and coconut flakes. Or, almond extract instead of vanilla extract would taste good too. I say, the more stuff inside the cookie, the better! : )

Lisa, I used the vanilla extract you gave me- it smells amazing! Thank you!

No comments: